Monday, June 13, 2011

First day of Work and Hikking in Nara!

Last Friday was my first day of official work at JTEKT in Nara! Because of several problems with the VISA I couldn't start on June 1st as it was supposed to be, anyway I had a nice first day of boring papers to fill! Then my bosses explained me the actual projects we are working on and it's pretty exciting! They are all pretty confidential so I won't be able to tell more about them, sorry...!

I am working at the same place as before with almost the same team. There are two new team members but one will start in directly in Nagoya.

I also received my beloved Uniform that I had to wear to go in the laboratories with Tamura for some project explanations...

Finally I received a brief introduction about my working conditions, salary etc... This month I am still considered as a Trainee because of late VISA (Thanks Nagoya people!)

As a foreigner in the company you expect the papers to be written in English as you have a special status of Global Staff as they call me but no, everything is in Japanese and not easy Japanese and not 1-2 pages, more than 20! This is meaningless! Actually in JTEKT Coproration (12'000 employees) there are only two foreigners with the same status including me! That's crazy!

I came back home very tired and with the only wish to take a shower as it is very wet these days!

Saturday was a chill out day at home with some shopping in the Geek street's of Nipponbashi. But sunday was intensive! 20km hiking and running in the mountains of Nara with a group of 7 people! It was fun and good for our bodies! The track is pretty difficult with lot of slopes! That's good for the hips... Yeah do I need it?

Next time I hope I can go there by car and do some biking! The road is nice and you get a crazy view on Osaka!

Until next time, Sayonara! Aris

1 commentaires:

  1. Hello there,

    I'm a researcher for Citizenside (www.citizenside.com/en). We're the world's biggest eyewitness news community. We're doing a feature right now for the 100 days since the March 11 quake.

    We're looking for people who would be interested in doing a brief phone or Skype interview about what it's like and the state of mind of people in damaged areas.

    Do people want to go back? How have communities reacted? Are people pulling together or do people live on their own despite what happened?…

    We've been hearing some good stories as well as sad ones after the quake and we'd like to make sure to get those across to our readers.

    I see that you don't live in the region but maybe you know people (friends, colleagues…) who live or lived there and who could talk to us?

    Best Regards,

    Laura / Citizenside

    ReplyDelete