Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Day 11, 12 & 13 - Kanazawa Kenrokuen Garden, Castle

Hey all!

Yesterday I couldn't post any new message because we had a really full day until the night and I was so tired (つかれました : Tsukaremashita - I am tired). Anyway this afternoon we didn't had any activities so I took time to sleep almost 2 hours when I came back from school and now I am writing you this message.

Day 11 - Sunday (にちようび - Nichiyobi)

This sunday was an important day for me because I was going to meet new members of the family. We woke up a around 12:00 and we ate a brunch with the whole family. It was a special brunch because of the rice and other Japanese meals but I really enjoyed it like everything. After this we talked a lot and because of the weather I decided to stay at home and go to bed not as late as always.

Because the husband had to leave for Tokyo not too late, we went to a local restaurant and again this was incredibly good. It was on tatamis with typical food.

Day 12 - Monday Kanazawa Kenrokuen & Castle

First outside cultural activity! Visit of the Kenrokuen Park and Castle with a Japanese Tea Ceremony. The weather was awful. All gray of clouds! But I was hoping for some sun later. And yes, the sun came in the end of the afternoon when finishing the visit of the Kenrokuen park. Anyway I tried to take pictures with this weather which is very difficult, anyway I am happy of some of my pictures.

The Tea Ceremony was really interesting. You have to say some things and then take the bowl with the right hand, turn twice clockwise and then drink. When you drink you HAVE to make some noise. If you don't this means you don't like it. After drinking, you clean the place you drink and turn twice counterclockwise. After this you thank the Tea-lady in Kimono and you're done. I think this ceremony was more a tourist one than a usual Tea Ceremony. Anyway it was cool, we could also visit the small house inside the park. After this we headed to the Castle which is Huge! I really like the architecture of these white castles.

Day 13 - Snowy day!

Nothing special today unless we are in a snow storm! This is amazing... Maybe tomorrow I'll head to the Kenrokuen park and Castle to enjoy the place with snow which is said to be very special when snowy ;)

1 commentaires:

  1. You are such a busy guy! You are so lucky! Seems like Japan is a wondercountry! I'm so excited to discover these beauties with you my love! Your pictures are very nice and 敏感な...
    私の愛あなたを愛し

    ReplyDelete