Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Day 6 (Day 3, 4 and 5)

こんばんは!

We just came back from a Teppanyaki restaurant. In this place you had to order the ingredients and then cook them in front of you on a Teppanyaki. It was so delicious! おなかがいっぱいです。(Onaka ga ippai desu : I am full!)

Anyway here is a short resume of my last days now that I have some time for you ;)

> Day 3 in Tokyo
We wanted to make a "light walking day" so we woke up late and decided to go to the Odaiba district to go in the Miraiku Museum : Museum of Science and Innovations (Museum for geeks :P)
Anyway we had to took a Monorail train like the Metro M2 in Lausanne with no drivers and go on this built island. In this area we could find Universities and students facilities... The Museum was HUGE! Very interesting with lot of interactive stands and specially a ASIMO Robot Demonstration! Soooo coool :D After the museum we went to Ginza to walk around all the luxury shops and finally we headed to Akihabara to play some Tekken 6 in the Sega Club place.

> Day 4 : THE BIG DAY! Meeting the Host Family in Kanazawa.
Day 4 is for me the most intense day since the beginning of the trip. We were going to meet our Host Family in Kanazawa. Kanazawa is 4 hours away from Tokyo with Express train (small Shinkansen) and is called the "Cold and small Kyoto". It has lot of temples, parks and traditional things to visit. After arriving in Kanazawa train station, we met Yoshida-san, our trip coordinator. This guy is so gentle. He presented us the school and the facilities and after 1 hour we had the chance to met our host families one by one... So stressful! :O

My family : Fujimoto is great. I met the mother first and she is very kind and helpful with me. She speaks perfectly english and it helps me all the time to improve my Japanese. She seems to be happy with me speaking a lot about anything. We took her car to go to their house and I could finally empty my 5 Kilogs of gifts and chocolate of my luggages ;) We ate Shabu Shabu (famous Japanese fondue) and it was sooooooo delicious! Unbelievable. I also met the father and the grandmother which are very nice with me too. Lucky me, I feel good here.

> Day 5 : First school day! No class but meetings and visiting
After meeting the family, we had now to meet our teachers (4!), the president of the school and officials. We had to wear formal clothes because in the afternoon we were going to meet the local VIPs : Director General of Tourism Bureau, Deputy Director General of Tourism Bureau, Manager of Int'l Exchange Division and Managing Director of IFIE (Our school). Everything was planned as an official visit. Swiss and Japanese flags, official photographs and lot of stress. We were going to receive a scholarship and a present from them and I decided to be the one who will thank all of them in Japanese. And it was great. They were very respectful for us and funny. We talked about the Olympics and other things like that. And guess what! I am in the local Newspaper with my name in it (Picture will come soon). This is sooo cool :D

After that we came back to our respective homes to enjoy once again a very nice meal!

> Day 6 : First real class day
The class is excellent. We are using the same books as in Switzerland so it is a small review of what we should have learned during our 3 months of Japanese (Which is 24 hours altogether :P). We ate in town and then walked a little around the school. Tomorrow we will have our first activity : PHOTO WORKSHOP! This will be an excellent way to use my camera ;) I am really excited about it.

ありがとございます : Thank you!
じゃまたあした : See you tomorrow!

Here are the pictures for Day 3.

2 commentaires:

  1. Dear Aris we are very proud of you and miss you a lot. We are curios to wait for the newspaper in Japanese. Sooooo happy that your family is nice. Best regards to them from all of us. Have a beautiful day tomorrow, and what a chance that internet exist !
    Kindest regards from Papi and Mami

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen such a beautiful japenese guy..:P

    Yeah!!! One week done and OMG what a week! I love the spirit you have baby, you are so right! What an optimistic man! You are like a fresh breeze in a pretty hot day! Your pictures are a real bridge between you and us thank you! For the newspaper, it's amazing! Everybody will recognize you and I'm sure that funny things will happen!
    52-1 = 51 YEAH !!! ;P

    Kisses from a canadian girl living in Switzerland to a swiss-armenian lovely guy whose living in Japan. (Ouf I understand that your family was a little mixed up :P)

    ReplyDelete