Saturday, March 13, 2010

Day 15 & 16 - Tatsuyama Temple District Kanazawa

おはよございます! (Ohayo Gozaimasu - Good Morning)

Yes I am waking up while you are maybe already sleeping :P I have posted new pictures of the last day in the Tatsuyama Temple District in North-East of Kanazawa near my house. I met Jerome-san over there and decided to go with the bike because it was sunny! Again!? WoW two days sunny! I assure you today is not sunny, it is very rainy and windy ;)

Day 15 - Sakuda Workshop Decorating Chopsticks with Gold Leaf

Thursday 12 March 2010 GOLD! Yeah! We went to the Geisha district where the Sakuda Workshop was to create our own gold chopsticks. This was a great experience. There are a few steps to but gold on anything. First the design, you let your own creativity talk and you use scotch tape with a cutter to create your future design. Then you apply the scotch tape on the chopsticks with the different holes, lines or squares for the gold. Then you put some paste on it, I didn't understood what the Gold leaf Master told me, anyway it is kind of sticky. Then you apply gold slowly and with love :D You have to roll one chopsticks from one side to the middle of the gold leaf and then take the second one and roll it from the other side to the middle. Finally you slowly brake the gold leaf in the middle and you use small brushes to be sure the gold is correctly place. Finally you take of the scotch tape and you're done ;) It take around two weeks to have them completely dry. I loved it :D

After the gold leaf workshop I went back home and on the way back I saw small boys playing Baseball near my house. I tried talking with them but I could only have a small contact because they were a little afraid of me. I am a がいじん (Gaijin - stranger)! But anyway they used english words for bases positions, stikes and balls. It was funny and cute to see :)

Day 16 - Tatsuyama Temple District

Yesterday afternoon we went to the Tatsuyama Temple District. Yama means mountain and it is a small mountain in the north east of Kanazawa with an incredible view of the "Small City of Kanazawa" which is Huge comparing to our cities :P I took my bike from the house and I met Jerome in the Geisha district, from there we went all the way up and visited kind of abandoned temples which was really special if you consider that all the temples and shrines here are really clean and taken care of. For example in the Kenrokuen Park, they clean the rivers and clean the grass which is amazing.

After this amazing afternoon I took my bike and went to a Bike shop to buy a lock for it. I went to an enormous PACHINKO Slot Machines center and also a GOlf Practice. Huge!

Here are a selection of the pictures I took. I already need a new hard drive to back up my 65GB of pictures! LoL

Today we will have to be "Tourists" for Tourist School students. We are going to assists students who want to be English Tourist Guides for the Kenrokuen Park and will have to give them a feedback of their visit. But it rains a lot! I hope it'll be fun anyway :P

2 commentaires:

  1. Ta dernière photo est MAGNIFIQUE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. En tout cas, t'as pas l'air de t'ennuyer! Les photos sont trop belles et l'avantage pour nous c'est qu'on voyage un peu avec toi ;-) Have fun!
    César

    ReplyDelete