Saturday, March 6, 2010

Day 9 and 10 - 21st Century Museum of Contemporary Art (SANAA)

こんばんは!

Another two days in Japan! ^_^ So many new things every days! Here is a short preview of these two days :

Day 9 : School - First and second Unit Test. The test was pretty easy and I can feel my Japanese improving every time I speak with my host family or outside. Anyway my vocabulary is still small and they speak pretty fast here... After school we met Yoshida-san (Our coordinator for the trip in Kanazawa) to chose our future stamp! Yes in Japan they are not used to sign, for official papers, they use personal stamps. And to open the bank account or get a cell phone we absolutely need a stamp. I will post a picture as soon as I get mine.

We went to Kanazawa-downtown to visit the shops and department stores. We ended playing Time Crisis 4 in a Video Games Center :P After coming back home I decided to take the bicycle to go the Geisha district near the house. I took a few pictures but on monday we will go there and enjoy a Tea Ceremony in a Geisha House.

At 5.30 pm I had to come back home because I had to attend the english-course for young japanese girls my host family mother was giving. She wanted me to present myself in Japanese and english. It was sooooo funny! They were so cute. I had to sign authographs and stand for pictures. I made a few pictures and a video to show you the energy these young girls had! This was amazing! At the same time they were soooo shy! One almost cried when I spoke to her in english... LoL

After all these emotions we went to a Yakitori restaurant which was also amazing! So delicious (おいしいです - Oishi desu - It's delicious). They had a crazy machine serving the beers automatically, I loved it ;)

Day 10 : 21st Century Museum of Contemporary Art - Architects : SANAA (http://www.kanazawa21.jp/en/) and Samurai district
Today we decided, Claudio, Jerome and I to go visit the SANAA Museum. SANAA is the famous Japanese architects who built the new Rolex Learning Center in EPFL. The building is nice with lot of spaces for expositions. Many things are similar between the Rolex Learning Center and the 21st Century Museum. I'll let you enjoy the pictures. The current event was by the Danish/ Icelandic artist Olafur Eliasson : "Your chance encounter". Completely crazy art but we loved it! I took a few pics of inside art even if it was forbidden just to show you the most incredible stuffs we saw.

After this we decided to head down the Downtown to the Samurai district which is very nice with old houses. We could enter in some of them which were converted to gifts shops etc...

Tonight I should meet the two daughters with the husband and the new baby born. I am tired but I am sure the night will be as great as all others I passed here. There is still a strange feeling of not knowing the day because everything is always open. All days until midnight so there is no real sunday to rest like in switzerland...

Enjoy the pictures!

1 commentaires:

  1. T'es pas censé arrêter la bière??? Cholestérol??? hien hien??? vraiment pas possible tout ce que tu as retenu dans ce resto c est le distributeur.....

    ReplyDelete